The Best of 2013: Posts & Photos
Now that the holiday season is upon us, it’s time for another best of post. 2013 was a huge year for me, the biggest year of my life. I started a new job working for a copper mining company with headquarters in my homeland: Poland. I never thought that my native language would help me land a job in Canada, but here I am. That pales in comparison to the biggest change in my life, I became a dad to twins! Marek and June were born in the summer and are now approaching six months of age. Things have not been the same since. I obviously have less time to take photos and post on the blog, but I fill my time with the laughs from two awesome kids :) There are many photos that I haven’t even processed and posted yet, and they will have to wait until I have some free time (never?).
Like the Best Of 2012, the three most popular posts of 2013 are all gear related.
- Nikon D800 and D800E Setup and Configuration – Recommended settings for the four menu banks on a Nikon D800/D800E. The post shows how I set up my camera and allows you to download the config file to use in your own camera.
- Nikon D600 vs Canon 6D – This is not a 2013 post but it was the #2 most visited post on my site in 2013 so I decided to include it. It was also #2 back in 2012 and it’s here again because these two entry level full frame cameras are very popular with enthusiast photographers.
- Nikon D800 Autofocus Repair Testing – The Sequel – Another round of testing my D800 autofocus system, this time after Nikon tried to repair it for the second time. Sadly, the left side focus sensors are still not working well so I’ll have to send the camera in once again. I love the D800 but the focus problems make it a single AF sensor camera (for me).
The three most popular photo related posts of 2013 were:
- A Frosty Morning – Nikon D800 Macro with Focus Stack – Some photos in my garden after a frost. Granted, this was posted on January 2nd so it had the benefit of a full year of collecting hits versus posts added in December. I just use the Google Analytics stats and don’t play favourites.
- Hiking Stawamus Chief South Peak – A great hike in Squamish, BC. The Lions hike made the 2012 list.
- First Visit to the UBC Botanical Garden and Centre for Plant Research – self explanatory.
It is also interesting to note that the most common search term that lead people to my site was “pitbull”. I have many pitbull photos on my site but this one was by far the most popular.
Some of my favourite photos from 2013.